50 years have passed in the blink of an eye and I can’t believe how much culture and communities have changed over that time.
My time at playground markings direct has brought me into contact not only with many regional cultures but also dozens of national cultures as well.
For one, I believe that this cultural diversity is a good thing especially if it can be used to educate, understand and celebrate variation.
At PMD we try to help this education through a range of geography based playground markings, by developing young inquisitive minds we can guarantee a happy community in the future.
DID YOU KNOW?
- That the white strip in the Irish flag represents peace between the catholic and protestant religions and was first used in 1848.
- That the St Andrews Cross of Scotland is one of the oldest national flags and is believed to have dated back to the 12th century.
- That Wales is not represented within the colours of the Union Jack?
- That the French flag was created to represent the ideals of the French revolution?
- That PMD can create almost any flag your school may require to help promote education within the playground?
Please be aware, that I didn’t study as hard as I should have at school so please forgive me if some of the facts are a little misinformed. However, if you have any ideas for educational playground markings then we would love to hear from you 01477 533 555.